By now we are all coming to grips with the reality of a very different Holy Week experience in 2020 than we are used to. But like we saw last week with Saint Mary of Egypt, there are still plenty of ways to grow closer to Christ while in isolation. Please take advantage of the resources found here, and elsewhere to keep your family prepared for Pascha while at home.
How to Participate in the Services at Home:
- Pray with us Online during the Services! You can view all of our services live on our newly improved livestream system on our YouTube channel. Make sure to "SUBSCRIBE" so you are alerted whenever a service is about to start or new content is uploaded.
- Setup a "Home Altar" or a prayer corner to watch services together as a family. Use this same corner to say your family prayers in the morning and evening.
- Bring the services to life by lighting oil lamps or candles, using incense, and drinking Holy Water when the service reaches time for Holy Communion.
- Act how you would act as if in Church. Stand when we stand, bow your heads when we bow, make the sign of the Cross, etc.
- Follow Along with the services, You may find all the liturgical texts on AgesInitiative.
How to Share Holy Week with Your Kids:
Recently posted on the Metropolis of Atlanta website is an extremely useful "Holy Week At Home" family kit. This kit was created by Fr. Sampson Kasapakis in Pensacola, FL as a way of keeping young families spiritually engaged during Holy Week. In it you will find a Holy Week Workbook with a summary of each day, notes about the various icons of the week, activities and even coloring sheets for the youngest believers.
Click Here to Download the "Holy Week at Home" Kit
How to Support the Church:
Lastly, we understand these are difficult financial times for many of our faithful. Having said that, we humbly ask you to consider making online contributions to Saint Nicholas. Through our new website services you will be able to establish automatic recurring donations, or one time offerings at anytime from the safety and comfort of your own home. We are also offering a new "Light A Candle. Say a Prayer" feature on the website. Simply click the link, select an amount, and write the names of who you want us to pray for in the "notes" section and we will light a candle(s) for you and your loved ones during the services. You are not alone, and not forgotten!